Friday, July 04, 2008

Moonstone Beach with Sadie

July 4th, 2008. Sadie, my roommate's dog, and I take a trip down to Moonstone beach along the hazy Humboldt coastline. Newly discovered the day before, Moonstone instantly became my favorite local beach; having everything from sand to seashells, rock-climbing to water wading, and all from the safety of an RV inaccessible parking lot.



Sadie is a trained bird dog. She obediently and single-mindedly loves, loves, loves to play fetch. I do not. After what seemed like an eternity, I did something that I had never done while out with Sadie before-- I put away all the tennis balls and encompassing retrieving paraphernalia.




















What I discovered was a pretty cool companion dog that was part billy goat. We climbed rocks and boulders, mingled with people, and met 2 other dogs named 'Sadie'.










Flowers are hidden treasure that dot Moonstone's rocky crevices and cliffs. I found them in purple-blue, pink, yellow, and white.






















I also found that where-ever I pointed my camera, a Sadie-dog tended to come into view. Quite magical, indeed.












Photographer and doggy model continued to explore, first a big cave, then its little neighbor with a surprise trickle waterfall, before it was off towards home. Where a well-deserved nap awaited us both.





1 comment:

suzi blu said...

doggie!

yes lets do a pajama party!