1. I often take my cat with me when I check the mail. She volunteers when I jingle the mailbox keys and I enjoy the company.
2. I like "Its A Small World" ride at Disneyland. As I child I wanted to learn the song in every language it was sung during the ride; but my memory wasn't good enough and I only managed it in English. (Sorry if I've gotten the song stuck in your head.)
3. I considered writing 2. on a postcard and sending it into Post Secret.... but its underlying philosophy seems to not only be secrets that no one else knows; but also secrets you wouldn't want anyone else to know. I obviously don't meet this contingency.
4. I'm queer (I like who I like without regard to gender). A lot of people in Southern California know and in fact knew before me, saying things like, "Have you ever even considered kissing a girl, Katie? You might like it." (Thanx Rach). But up here in Northern California, even other queer women assume I'm straight.
5. I have a penchant for pens.
6. I miss baking gluten-filled things more than I miss eating them. For about a year now I've known I was gluten intolerant, and have since adhered to a strict gluten-free diet. Though I dearly miss sourdough bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I miss the affinity I had with baking more. No other type of cooking affords me the same ease as I had with baking and my ability has not translated to gluten-free baking.
7. I like crochet better than knitting. Oh wait, I forgot to finish that scarf I was knitting. I love this. I like knitting better than crochet. Here's a neat crochet pattern. Oh my, this is way fun. I like crochet better than knitting............
AND-------> If you're reading this and your name appears on the following list, well then--- Tag, You're It:
Dwarf with a Spoon AKA Dwarven Chef (voted least likely to respond as hasn't blogged since 21 August 2008.)
Tracy AKA T-Rex
Cousin Greg (Voted 2nd-least likely to respond as hasn't blogged since 30 September 2008.)