Friday, December 26, 2008

Xmas 2008

Multi-cultural Xmas Eve 2008. Tinsel on head- Scandinavian Santa Lucia. Homemade (but not by me) tamales- Mexican. Cat in my arms- Russian. Xmas Bonsai tree- Japanese.


Akyla the cat. The wonderful, wonderful cat.























Akyla & I both loved having a fire in the wood-burning stove. I must look into getting a cord of wood. There's something delicious about heating a home with a fire that central air just can't duplicate. (Thanks to my roommate -VJ- for this photo as well as the one of me on Xmas Eve.)






Tower configured from Jenga Party Blocks.










Xmas day hail. Its easier to see the pea-sized hail in the close-up of my patio blocks. That hail might be small, but it sure smarted to walk through. (I braved it to take out the compost... the compost bin being just out of the camera's shot on the right.)



Xmas Dinner= ham, rice, salad with veggies & pomegranate seeds, homemade-watery-cranberry-sauce, Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, milk, & Sees candy.

1 comment:

headwrapper said...

What a sweet little celebration, fire and hail... I think what we like about a fire is the ancientness, we know it, or should I say remember it --in our bones. Akyla knows what I mean. Fire has been with us forever, definitely multicultural. Old grandfather in his red outfit and ash white beard brings us the gift of warmth and peace.
Happy new year tinsel head ;)